Goals of this Guide
After exploring this guide, students will be able to:
- Identify a research topic
- Recognize keywords as search terms
- Select the appropriate library resources to conduct research
- Recognize potential sources
- Compile a list of useable sources
- Evaluate sources for relevance and credibility
- Understand importance of citation
This research guide was created to support Distance Education students who may not have easy access to the physical library.
Many of the Library's resources are available 24/7 in a virtual environment.
Explore the tabs at the top for tips on the research process and searching for information.
To view other library services available to you, we invite you to explore the Distance Education section of our website.
Create a time-management strategy when doing research projects.
Enter your start and due dates. Your research and writing schedule will be outlined with links to resources to help you with each step.